What can I do?

Why cry when you can laugh?

It's sometimes too much of a mistake to waste time on things we think we can't change - we really give too little credit to our own volition. What I am afraid of, are of the things we can't change. Yet.

The things you have to do. The things you want to do. Where do I find the balance on that spectrum of a lifetime-long to-do list- that point of doing only what's enough and the rest of the time doing the things that keep me happy?

I've been to that happy place. And now, I don't know if I'll ever not want to return.

It's that perfect spot in that green tuft on grass on that high mountain in Monserrat, over looking the whole town. It is having a picnic on a beach in Sitges, drinking Sangria. It is taking a long walk alone with my iPod in the forest behind my apartment in Jönköping. It is being crazy-ass drunk in a limo in St Petersburg. It is all the time I've spent with my best friends everywhere ever since I've gotten back. It is every moment, when I stop to think about all that I've done in this half of the year. It made me realize a happy place is more than an instance. It makes me wonder if my second half of the year will live up to its predecessor?

So many things on the plate right now - PI, school, body weight issues that I refuse to come to terms with as of yet.




17 Aug 2012