Went to the Borders' clearance sale with wb earlier and was seriously caught off guard by the crowds of people. Where were all these people when Borders was still a functional, proper retailer of books? We were so bothered by the long queues that we decided to just browse the books and rearrange them neatly so that those who came after us would have a better time of looking at them. Senseless, I know, but it makes me feel a little better inside. Haha.
I am a little upset that they are going to close down because I've always liked lounging between the shelves of books and reading. In part, I know it's because of this free-browsing policy that they have that got them into today's situation. That, and the introduction of e-book readers, which I own as well. Looking at things from this perspective, it seems like I'm one of the many reasons why they ended up like this. I only hope kinokuniya and mph doesn't go down this way. Going to the bookstore, and the supermarket are two of my most favourite things to do. And if I have only Popular to go to, I might die.