In a short span of time that is two weeks, I've done three rather radical life-altering things.
The first of which, was to change the color of my hair. It may obviously seem like the more trivial of the three, or even of anything else that may even be considered mildly life-altering, but I rest assure you that it is something very important to me. I am somehow convinced that having slightly red hair, or dark auburn as it was stated in the color book, will be different for how I'll live out the rest of my life until the next color change. Auburn. Isn't that a nice word? Better sounding than both black or brown. And it looks even better in print. Lol. Although I've always wanted light brown hair that catches light in a very specific way, it was not to be then. So I guess I can only keep wanting until I get the next opportunity to do so.
The next, was to trek a bewildering distance from Macritchie to Bkt Timah. The intention to trek was of course well organised in advance, but the actual extent of which it was carried out was very unplanned. Something I would have never consented to in any state of sobriety. But on that day, in all the complete glory of my whiny self, I managed to see and walked through places here that I would otherwise have never gotten to. And of course, it was nice to have quietness in both space and time to catch up with friends and be reminded of the importance of having friends with whom silence is as much communication as speaking.
The final one was my new purchase of an old violin. And even though it costs not more than what I have, it's still more than what I can afford. It was an inexplicable call to walk into the out-of-the-way shop there. And an even more bizarre move to buy the violin after trying it for ten minutes, with the absence of intentions to buy one in the first place. I think of it as both fate and serendipity, but my father just calls it a very expensive impulse. One sad part of me agrees and a bigger, other part of me hope to prove him wrong as soon as I can. It sounds very well. And it's making me very happy as a whole.
Feeling happy. How's that life-altering for a start?
& There are three things
12 Jun 2011