I'm addicted to my DSlite. A shame, I know, considering how academically motivated I was just three days ago. But I've been doing nothing but playing games these three days- after discovering the joy of emulators. I have been sufficiently privileged as a child in the 90s to own several consoles, from the Sega Megadrive to an entire collection of the Gameboy range. And yes, after moving three times around town, I've managed to lost some and destroyed some. But they've been sorely missed and now...I've found all of them again. Well, not exactly. Just a way of replaying all those games.
You can barely understand my excitement. I'm completely taken this time. Oh my goodness. Pokemon trading card game! Super Mario Land! The original Pokemon games (with only 150 pokemon)! Those were real games. The graphics are kind of crappy, but they are a million times better than the trash that people have been rolling out for the NDS. The gameplay is simple and intuitive and doesn't require me to wield a stylus very uncomfortably, all the time. Can't remember when was the last time I spent 12 hours playing one game. Hmms, I can't even remember the last time I spent more than 12 hours doing anything but sleeping. This is really, really addictive.
Gosh. I need to get a grip.
Reliving the Nintendo and Sega Days
6 May 2011