Call for that Indie Resolution

I had a terrible conversation over the phone with my father, yesterday. It's really all sorts of destructive. And it's a fucking absurdity to think that anyone above the age of 19 is still a child under such extreme parental subordination. Ohmygod, I'm really going fucking crazy. Filial piety is important, but sometimes, there are these little sequences in life that keep recurring that make me reconsider the actualisation of it has to be based in reciprocity. Because sometimes, parents can be such assholes that make the allure of anything un-filial much more alluring.

I used to and wish to think that I have progressed well beyond the angsty stage of teenage rebellion now that i'm turning 20. But apparently, these urges to rebel against gratuitous parental oppressions will never cease. I can't help but get the feeling that all parents feel justified in their controlling ways because of the dependency that their children have on them; for money, for shelter and for bouts of parental affection.

Maybe that may be the solution to all my problems. Independence. The ability to rise above the verbal threats. Well here goes the first resolution for the new year- I must learn to be financially independent. Even if that means selling my kidney for a profit. So that's it, Independence is the new watchword.

8 Jan 2011