In 1972, Walter Mischel conducted this experiment to find out if kids had the ability to control their impulses. The kids were given a treat, but were promised a second treat if they could wait fifteen minutes without eating it. There were some who would "cover their eyes with their hands or turn around so that they can't see the tray, others start kicking the desk, or tug on their pigtails, or stroke the marshmallow as if it were a tiny stuffed animal", while a few would simply eat the marshmallow as soon as the researchers left. So which kid are you?I am definitely not the kid that eats it as soon as the adult leaves...I think I'll probably be one of those desk kickers or marshmallow strokers. You know, one of those that are not smart enough to look away from temptations. Ha. Goes the same for my attitudes in studying...I know I'll have to be diligent and patient and yet, I'll do everything but that just isn't. Carrie Bradshaw says that delayed gratification is the definition of maturity and I can only wonder when that day will ever come for me.
Speaking of maturity. Got my credit card today and I am once again reminded of good credit habits and adult responsibilities that should come with age. Credits (ha.) to my father and the little pamphlet with the card. Haha. Very happy to look at the shiny new card with my name on it...feel so powerful and I CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT. Mwahaha. Whee.
Exams are coming.. not the best time to feel stupid and squander my bank account to zero again.
SO YOU KNOW, MARSHMALLOW. I CAN WAIT FOR YOU.
Je te veux. Tu connai?
Ha. Ha.