School makes you want to fit in. To be one of the faceless people you meet in the lectures, tutorials and halls. Yet it becomes so hard when almost everyone out there is trying desperately to stand out. They try to discreetly sneak some achievement into their conversations. They try so hard to be enthusiastic it becomes annoying. And before you know it, you realise you are trying just as hard to be the kind of person you've come to hate. Some people only choose to remember the good things about themselves but I've come to understand that trying to cancel out the bad things would make you less of a person than you can be.
People judge. They judge you for the clothes you wear. They judge you for the slippers you wear to school. They call you sloppy. But you laugh. You laugh proudly because you know that they are missing on that extra thirty minutes of sleep you got over them. You laugh because it gets ridiculous when their makeup smudges in the sun. You laugh because you know the attention that they set out to get each day is so not worth it. You laugh because you know no matter what they do on the outside, the inside stays the same. You laugh because you know you can be better.
I laugh because I know I can.