Why So Serious?

Let's put a smile on that face!"

I have never been a big fan of Batman, everyone knows that I adore the man in the red tights much much more (Go, Superman!) , but this film simply deserves the credence it deserves (: Good tie-in of action, storyline and character development, thrown in with a lot of larger than life themes of justice and overflowing with self-righteousness. Something I'd encourage parents to take their little kids to watch if the Joker was so fucking scary. But, I'd say the Joker was the best character of them all- even better than Christian Bale's Batman. He's crazy. Dark, twisted and damn crazy but really really really smart. Gave the wittiest one liners and was just so sickeningly good at portraying the violent, angry thing in the show. I liked him despite the evilness- part of me was actually hoping he'd kill Batman (even though it was a definite impossibility) Jacob thinks Maggie Gyllenhaal who played Rachel Dawes looks awful but Victor thinks shes better than Katie Holmes. Hmms. Did I mention how hot I think Heath Ledger is? Even beneath all that frightening paint... what a pity. Oh well..

Okay, I am not going to like review the film or anything. It was maybe a little too scary, but still a good film. Liked it, so you should really watch it if you've got the time (:

Nice way to start E-learning week with a little town day spent shopping and watching a movie.

Love,
Xinzi

21 Jul 2008