Sometimes you are closer, when you're letting go.
I spent a weekend getting away from all the papers and books that were left untouched anyway at a chalet. But I am glad to say, I got to speak to the people who matters the most and people who will still be there for you twenty, thirty years down the long road, they are your family. It has been fun, doing nothing at all other than absolutely crazy things. I blessed chicken wings on barbecue pits with marshmallows on sticks, ran around the playground playing catching by myself, watching grey's anatomy season four on a very very screwed up internet connection amidst other things that sound more sane like non-stop mahjong sessions with screams in between, karaoke sessions that never seem to end cos the rude gay guy at the counter was too lazy to come get us, bowling with balls so heavy, Pokemon dance contests (HAHAHA), badminton playing with no shuttlecocks on roofs this time round (!!!) and lots of talking.
I counted the planes that took off and landed during the two days and I secretly wish my dreams of flying away from here will fade away as I age. Sometimes, staying in a place where familiarity is not in absence, is a good life. A good life with friends that grew up with you and family that stood by you. That's a good life. But still, one way tickets to the land of my dreams still sound amazingly tempting. Ahaha.
Thank you family, I had fun.
Love,
Xinzi
I Wish The Best For You
22 Jun 2008