There
Closer to the Sun than ever,
I taste the piquancy of the Rays
That shines upon sometimes to
brighten the hours,
usually gray.
Closer to the Sky than ever,
I taste the sweetness of the Rain
That comes down occasionally to
cast away,
the occasional pain.
Closer to the Sea than ever,
I taste the saltiness of the Water
That sweeps sometimes far over to
wash away,
the stifling disdain.
Closer to the Stars than ever,
I taste the bitterness of Distance
That flicker in their Dances
mocking me in,
Their little ways.
Closer to the window than ever,
I taste, as I see, as I lean near
Those that can cast spells of no words
showing me the eclipsed Charmer.
Closer to the Sun than ever,
I taste the piquancy of the Rays
That shines upon sometimes to
brighten the hours,
usually gray.
Closer to the Sky than ever,
I taste the sweetness of the Rain
That comes down occasionally to
cast away,
the occasional pain.
Closer to the Sea than ever,
I taste the saltiness of the Water
That sweeps sometimes far over to
wash away,
the stifling disdain.
Closer to the Stars than ever,
I taste the bitterness of Distance
That flicker in their Dances
mocking me in,
Their little ways.
Closer to the window than ever,
I taste, as I see, as I lean near
Those that can cast spells of no words
showing me the eclipsed Charmer.
To be understood,
Xinzi