hahas. just managed to churn out a script now. yeah, sudden inspiration. very interesting. here's it...but don't copy eh!
THE CALL OF DEATH
By: X_Z[ the only responsible scriptwriter]
Scene 1: [Dawn’s Bedroom]
At her annual sleepover party, Dawn, and her friends, Autumn, Michelle and Leonica huddled around closely as they whispered together. Not knowing that this night would me one hell of a night for them.
Autumn: Hey, don’t tell me we are just gonna sit around here the whole night?
Dawn: Then what do you suggest, huh?
Michelle: I know! How bout’ truth or dare?
Leonica: Hey, that sounds fun…
Autumn:*yawns* Come on! We are not kids anymore are we…let’s do something more exciting.
At this point, Autumn, runs to the table at the corner and fetched the local phone directory.
Autumn:*grins slyly* let’s make prank calls!
Michelle: NO WAY!
Dawn:*shrugs* whatever
Leonica: Anything.
Michelle: Hey. I am not going to anything like this. It’s against the law.
Autumn: Come on, stop being such a loser…It’s not your party so u can make the decision.*sticks her tongue out at Michelle and then looks at Dawn*
Dawn:*looks at Michelle and then looked at Dawn* Sorry, Michelle, but lets just try it out. It might be fun.
Michelle:*sighs* whatever, but don’t get me involve.
Autumn: Okie-dokie. Let’s start the game. Since Dawnie is the host today, she shall have the liberty of going first!
Dawn: Hmmms…No. I am new to this game, why don’t you start first.
Autumn: Alright. Here I go! *flips the directory* Uhhuh! I got it. Let me call that Mrs Freds living upstairs. Can’t stand her hairstyle and her prim, little poodle…*picks phone up and dial* #dial tone# Hello. I just saw what you did madam…muahahahas.
Mrs Freds:*sitting on the toiletbowl* Hi. Who’s this on the line? Stop playing a fool. Who’s this! Hello? Hello?
Autumn: Haha. Remember, my name is Steven. Steven Long, the Steven Long living in the same apartment block as you. *hangs up*
Leonica, Dawn and Michelle: *gasps*
Dawn: How can you frame my brother? He’s my brother.
Autumn: Come on! You brother’s already in a lot of trouble…detention and stuff…this thing won’t be new to him. But…I won’t say so for your case. What would Mrs and Mr Long think of, when they find out their goody little daughter is prank-calling her neighbours in the middle of the night.
Dawn: Yeah, I guess you are right.
Autumn: Okay, in that case it shall be your turn then.*passes the phone to Leonica*
Leonica: Who should I call? I know. That Frankie Turner on the 12th floor. He’s so cute!
Autumn: Haha. Yeah. Totally! He’s a hunk, that dude.
Leonica: Haha. Yeah. *dials the no.* Hello. *gushes and cover the reciever* it’s him!
Frankie: Hi. Who’s this?
Leonica: *removes hand from receiver* I just saw what you did! *giggles*
Frankie: Huh?
Leonica: Bye. Sweet Dreams.*hangs up*
Frankie: What? *hangs up* What a freak.
Autumn: Okay, now that everyone has got a turn it’s your turn now my dear Dawnie.
Dawn: Alright. You sure I won’t get into trouble?
Autumn: Oh come on. Stop acting like that wet blanket.*points to Michelle* Besides, I have done this so many times before. And ain’t I still here?
Dawn: Ok. I wanna call that Ms Price downstairs, she’s so nice, always holding the lift for me. I know she won’t scold me even if she finds out…*picks up phone and dial*# while the tone is ringing#
Scene 2: [Lara Price’s bedroom]
Lara: Stop it! I say shut up! Shut up now!
Landlady: What? You still have the guts to tell me to shut up? You already own me 4 month’s rent. If you don’t have the cash, get out of my house now. I am sick of a freeloader.
Lara: What? I clean your house up everyday. Don’t that suffice?
Landlady: You call that cleaning? And don’t think I didn’t find out about my jewellery. You stole them didn’t you?
Lara: NO! Stop accusing me!
Landlady: Yes, you did! Stop denying!
Lara: Shut up! *Picks up a glass bottle on the floor and breaks it on landlady’s head*
Landlady falls to the ground. Motionless, but not dead. At this point, the phone rings.
Lara: *with shaking hands picks up the phone*Hello?
Dawn: Hi. Ms Lara, good evening. I just saw what you did.
[At the background]
Landlady: NO! Don’t kill me. Please don’t kill me. Lara… how can you do this to me?
Lara: *turns head* Shut up!* turns back to the phone* Who the hell are you? Is this some sick joke?
Dawn: Sorry. Sorry. I am so sorry.
Lara: It’s Dawn isn’t it? Dawn? I recognize your voice.
Dawn: Sorry * hangs up*
Scene 3: [Dawn’s bedroom]
Dawn: Oh my god. I think someone just got killed.
Autumn: What? Stop kidding.
Dawn: Shut up! I am not joking here.
Leonica: Seriously. Stop it. You are freaking us out Dawn.
Dawn: I swore I heard the voice of Mdm Laker, the landlady screaming loudly in the background. I swear!
Leonica: What shall we do now?
Autumn: Lets call the cops. That’s the best thing we can do now if Dawn is telling us the truth.
Leonica: Yeah. Lets do that.
Dawn:*nods her head* yes.
Autumn: *dials the police no.*#dial tone#
Scene 4: [Police Station]
Inspector Kingler: Hello. East Grove Police Post. May I help you? Ok. I’ll be right there. No. 45 Tallear Road. Ok. Yup. Right now.*hangs up* Hey! We’ve got a call. Tallear Road.
Detective Lauper: Yes sir! *Rushes behind*
Inspector Kingler: Where are you going?
Detective Lauper: Tallear road? I thought we’ve got a call?
Inspector Kingler: Yeah. So? It sounded like a joke. Guess what she was reporting? A murder. Hahas. Can you believe it? Anyway if she was telling the truth the person would be dead right now. So what difference would a few days make? Let’s go on Tuesday.
Scene 5: [Dawn’s Bedroom]
Autumn: What’s keeping the police? They say they will be coming soon!
Dawn: I guess they are not taking us seriously.
Autumn: What the hell.
Dawn: Never mind. It’s late. You guys should do home now.
Leonica: Yeah.
Michelle, Leonica and Autumn: Bye, Dawn!
Scene 6: [Dawn’s Hall]
Dawn’s mother: Grab a bite before you go to school!
Dawn: No thanks. I am not hungry.
Dawn’s mother: Then let me fetch you.
Dawn: Don’t bother. I’ll take a cab.
Dawn’s mother: Ok.
Scene 7: [ In the Taxi]
Dawn: Uncle, Anglican Middle School please.
Uncle/Lara: Ok.
After 10 minutes.
Dawn: Uncle, where are we going?
Uncle/Lara: It’s a shortcut.
Dawn: I wanna get down right now.
Uncle/Lara: NO! YOU SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW!
Dawn: It’s you! MS. LARA PRICE.
Uncle/Lara: Yeah. So what.
Dawn: I am getting off the car!
Uncle/Lara: NO. YOU SIT!
Dawn: Damn it!
Scene 8: [45, Tallear Road. Outside the apartment]
A group of women gathers outside. Whispering. The police arrived.
Inspector Kingler: Excuse me. What’s going on?
Woman 1: Haven’t you heard?
Inspector Kingler: No. What?
Woman 1: Dawn has vanished. I think she has been kidnapped.
Woman 2: Yeah. I think so too. Probably has something to do with her brother. That Steven.
Inspector Kingler: Detective Lauper. Let’s go up and check.
Detector Lauper: Yes Sir.
Scene 9: [Dawn’s hall]
Dawn’s parents, Autumn, Michelle and Leonica sits on the couch. Her parents were sobbing, and her friends were consoling them, as the police officers enter the hall.
Inspector Kingler: Excuse me, Mr and Mrs Long. I am really sorry about the disappearance of your daughter. We will find her. I promise.*looks to Detective Lauper* Go find something.
Detective Lauper: Yes, Sir. *makes way into Dawn’s bedroom*
Meanwhile…Inspector Kingler interrogates Dawn’s friends.
Inspector Kingler: Are you sure you girls don’t know anything.
Michelle: Actually…It was… (interrupted)
Autumn: Nothing. It was nothing.
Inspector Kingler: *looks suspiciously at Autumn* really?
Autumn: Yeah.
At this moment, Detective Lauper returns.
Inspector Kingler: What did you find?
Detective Lauper: A diary and a phone directory opened. I think it holds some clue.
Inspector Kingler: Good. Bring it back. Sorry to disturb you, rest ensure I’ll find your daughter. I’ll take my leave.
Scene 10: [ Rundown shed]
Dawn lies in a corner of the shed. Tied up with a rope around her wrists, while Lara stands at a corner looking menacing with a sharp knife.
Lara: I am sorry, Dawn. But I’ll have to kill you. You know too much.
Dawn: Please don’t. I swear I won’t say anything.
Lara: Too bad. Goodbye honey. *takes knife and was about to stab Dawn*
#BANG!#(the gunshot)
Lara drops to the floor motionless. But not dead.
Dawn:*screams*
Detective Lauper and Inspector Kingler enters.
Inspector Kingler: Don’t worry. You are safe. We are the police.
Dawn: How did you find me?
Inspector Kingler: We’ll talk about that later. Lets get out of this place first.
Scene 11: [ Outside the shed]
Dawn sits, with a towel wrapped over her and Inspector Kingler next to her. They begin to talk.
Dawn: So how did you find me?
Inspector Kingler: You have to thank your friend, Michelle.
Dawn: Michelle?
Inspector Kingler: Yes. She told me about the prank call incident the night before your disappearance. That’s why we managed to track down Ms Price and her scheming plans for the extermination of your life.
Dawn: She did?
Inspector Kingler: Yes, she did. Don’t be so foolish next time and stop, please stop making prank calls. I shall drop this matter since this is your first time.
Dawn: Thank you. How about Ms Lara? Is she dead?
Inspector Kingler: No. She’s merely injured. She will be punished.
Scene 12: [Courtroom]
The courtroom was packed with people. Lara stands at the accuse dock. With Dawn, her parents and her friends at the viewing dock.
Judge: Lara Lauren Price, is guilty of offences as such, the murder of Mdm Khristine Black and the attempted murder of Ms. Dawn Summer Long and sentenced to hang.
Scene 13: [Hang Area]
As Lara Price, was about to be hung. She asked for a request.
Lara: Before I die, may I have a request of writing a letter?
Warden: Yes.
Brings a pen and paper.
Lara:* writes a letter* *passes letter to warden*please deliver this letter to Dawn Long of 45 Tallear Road. Thank you.
*Lara was hung*
Scene 14: [Dawn’s house]
Dawn was sitting down on her bed, when she saw a letter on her study table. She rushes to open it.
Letter reads: Dear Dawn, I am sorry that things have to turn out this way. I killed the landlady and now I pay with my own life. I am sorry that you have to get involved in this tornado of travesties. Sorry. Good luck. I’ll call,
At this moment, the phone rang….
[Lights off!]
THE END
© Graffiti Works™
Graffiti Works™- Literature Play Script
17 Sept 2005